Here, we do what we say we’re going to do. That get-it-done attitude has been part of our brand culture from the start. If you have a question, we’ll find an answer. If you need support, your service team is always on call.
At the end of the day, you spend your time supporting the most noble of missions—bettering healthcare. And as much as we can, we find ways to support you and help you do it better.
A personal touch
Our culture of service, dignity, and respectfulness to our team is unparalleled in this industry. Our patients, providers, and healthcare partners consistently say the same thing, “You not only deliver great quality care, you do the right thing.”
The mission to serve is in our blood. It’s why we do what we do. As a company, we instill that mantra in every employee, every consultant, every contractor, and anyone with whom we do business.
Advocacy with an eye toward the future
We know where healthcare is going, and through our Advocacy team, we play a major part in promoting future-oriented, evidence-based, patient-centered healthcare policies. At both the state and federal levels, we monitor and influence legislative and regulatory changes that affect all aspects of our industry—from patient safety and disaster response to reimbursement and professional liability. Many of our employees and physicians are active at the national and state level within committees of various organizations to improve the practice environment for emergency and hospital medicine. Our impact includes:
- American College of Emergency Physicians, with additional representation in the following areas:
- APM Taskforce Co-Chair
- Joint Task Force Committee on Reimbursement Issues
- Emergency Department Practice Management Association. In fact, our original founder, Dr. William “Kip” Schumacher, is the co-founder of EDPMA.
- Society of Hospital Medicine, with additional representation in the following areas:
- Public Policy Committee
- Performance Reporting and Measurement Committee
- Physicians for Fair Coverage (PFC)