Keep Up with the Industry
Read our blog for information from health care leaders, experiences from the field, industry updates and much more.
View Health Care Insights
Privately held and physician driven
As one of the largest and fastest-growing Emergency and Hospital Medicine groups in the nation, we partner with more than 7,200 world-class providers who treat more than 8 million patients annually. Physician-led, our team consists of motivated, personable, highly qualified people interested in putting the patient first. We’re committed to doing the right thing for the patients, physicians, and hospitals we serve.
William C. Schumacher, M.D., a board certified emergency medicine physician, formally founded the Schumacher Group in 1994. The philosophy behind Schumacher Group's founding was based on his belief that there was a better way to deliver and manage emergency medical services in the hospital environment. That 'better way' is embodied in our founding mission. The Schumacher Group became known as Schumacher Clinical Partners in 2016.
Schumacher Clinical Partners provides continuously improving quality health care to all patients in a cost effective manner and maintains highest ethical standards by upholding the patients’ rights, treating them with dignity and respect.
- Year of inception: 1994 (formerly known as Schumacher Group)
- Corporate office: Lafayette, LA
- Senior Leadership Team:
- William C. “Kip” Schumacher, MD, FACEP Founder, Executive Chairman
- Rich D'Amaro Chief Executive Officer
- Lee White Chief Operating Officer
- Randy Pilgrim, MD, FACEP Enterprise Chief Medical Officer
- David Schillinger, MD Division Chief Medical Officer
- Stephen Nichols, MD Chief of Clinical Operations
- Jim Guidry Jr. Division President of Emergency and Hospital Medicine Services
- Derik King, MD, FACEP President of ECI Healthcare Division
- Thomas Dolan Chief Financial Officer
- Chris Cotteleer Chief Information Officer
- Keith Cantrell Chief Revenue Officer
- Lisa Fry Chief Business Development Officer
- Cheryl Slack Chief Human Resource Officer
- Ryan Domengeaux, JD Enterprise Chief Risk Officer
- Sarah Crass, ESQ Chief Compliance Officer & Chief Regulatory Counsel
- Patients we serve: Over 8 million annually
- Services: Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Consulting Services, WellnessWorks and Medical Billing
As of January 2017
- # of employees: Over 1,800
- # of providers: 7,500
- # of states with contracts: 30
- # of Schumacher Clinical Partners contracts: 521